Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Create quirky repeating patterns tutorial




I am enjoying trying out tutorials on the Digital Arts site. I found this little gem today in search of something I would like to learn. The artist that walks you through this lesson is Andrew Groves. He does quirky, imaginative illustration like you see below. I wanted to put my own spin on it so I added a fox, bear, and deer. I also like going camping so I added a little tent with a camp fire. I had a lot of fun making the pattern, but sadly the only thing I learned was that you can't make a pattern swatch (Object > Pattern > Make) with shapes that already have a pattern in them. So what you see is a manual shift > click > drag. If you would like to learn the basics of making patterns in Adobe illustrator, click on this link.


0 comments: